Shop on Etsy

Shop on Etsy
Click me to find items featured in this blog!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Next Project: Steampunk

Really exciting news
The next sewing project will be to completed a heavily planned Steampunk outfit for 2012's MTAC (local anime con)

The theme for this years con is "Omega" or the end of the world
And for one of the days, I will be a Murderess Steampunk

:D 

Happy thoughts!

So heres a sketch of what I have in mind


It's looking kinda plain right now with just a corset and a skirt,
but once I can achieve the major elements, the little details will soon make this whole ensemble completely awesome!

So the bustle is a single layer with no ruffles, but antique 100+ year old lace along the hem
Don't ask me how I ended up with lace like that
It is at least 3 or 4 inches wide
The dress itself will be a forest green
Something to really compliment the color of the lace

The corset I am hoping will be brown and made of leather
My concern with this is that will my sewing machine work with real leather?
I mean I will use fax leather if I have too
I once used pleather (I think thats what it was): or something similar to leather
and that worked
I just had to place paper on its right to get the dog foot moving
But otherwise that worked
I'm kinda hoping for a miracle.

There will be a belt along with this as well! I'm really excited to make this!
There will be a compartment for the following
-Phone
-Money/Important Cards
-Pocket Watch (with a little window to show off the gears)
-Belt loops to clips things onto
- More loops for fake or real weapons

And I can save a place for my broken and pathetic fox tail

My pets tore it up so it looks more like a deformed bunny tail
T^T

But overall I'm really glad that I'm going to do this project!

My only worry about after the project is that how in the hell will I wash this skirt with such delicate lace?!
The thought scares me to be honest

I'm sure that this will all be worth it when I wear this to MTAC or the annual Renaissance Fairs or just any other occasion appropriate for steampunkness!

o^._.^o

~ !Nyan! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment