Shop on Etsy

Shop on Etsy
Click me to find items featured in this blog!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Prom Dress 2011

So this week I haven't been doing much of any sewing at all,
which makes me really sad

But I will post this dress that I made at the beginning of the year.

Heres a prom dress I made for the Joann's Prom Contest


Front View



Back View


This is a ball gown corseted top dress with plastic boning and an overlay of red, black, and more black tulle with rime stones as a top layer

Now I'm really sad about this dress for many ill thought of mistakes...

This was one of the many first attempts of making a corset. What I did was that I bought a corset pattern, modified the waist line for a more dramatic curve, and sew an overload of tulle along with a satin under dress.

What I wanted out of the corset was a 2 or 3 inch back gap, a dramatic curve, and, heh make my boobs really pop out...
(But overall I wanted a very tight fit in all places of my torso)

But what happened was that the waist was more snug than tight and breathless, the bust was HUGE, and the hips were awkward and gross appearing

I wish that it would have turned out better cause it would have looked even better if I had just gotten all the measurements correct....

And I wasn't in the top 20 contestants for that contest....

sigh

I might sell this item

If interested or want to know any measurements for this dress,
please contact me through
Etsy.com (link in banner on top of this page)
Facebook.com (Kat's Hat Rack page)
GaiaOnline.com (JapanCandys)
Ebay.com (JapanCandys2010)
Youtube.com? (JapanCandys)



No comments:

Post a Comment